Ride some of the most spectacular roads & scenery around Croatia's Dalmatian coastline & mountains with our supported cycling holiday.
4 Full Days Cycling (see ride itinerary below).
1 Day - Arrival Day.
1 Day - Departure Day.
Choose from any of the following dates
25th-30th September 2019
2nd-7th October 2019
9th-14th October 2019
16th-21st October 2019
Recommended Fitness Level: This is suited to cyclists who regularly cycle 60 plus miles or those who do less cycling but have high stamina and aerobic fitness from sports such as running and swimming.
Ride Pace: This is not a training camp, the emphasis is on enjoyment and the appreciation of the wonderful landscape and scenery. Our guide will control the ride pace and will adjust this according to the slowest rider in the group. At a minimum we would expect riders to be able to average 12mph over hilly terrain. If you have any doubts on your suitability then let us know and our experienced guide will contact you to discuss.
Groups: Places are strictly limited. You will be riding as part of a group. We have one group per week, maximum group size is 8 people.
Age Restrictions: No children under 16 years of age. Children 16-18 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Cost £390 per person
- 5 nights half board in Hotel Labineca, Gradac. Category: 3* . Sharing a twin/double room. Single rooms can be arranged for a supplement.
- Bike & passenger return transfer from Dubrovnik airport (approx 1:30hr).
- 4 full days riding on stunning picturesque quiet roads.
- Cycle support: a qualified cycle guide and mechanic. Our experienced guide with personal cycling knowledge of the area will ride with you and guide you around the route each day. Plus also as a qualified mechanic* will be on hand to help with punctures and mechanicals.
- Ferry crossings used on the routes.
* Our mechanic will have spares such as chains, cassettes, cables, tyres, brake pads and be on hand to help with bike building on arrival and mechanicals when on the road. Any spares used will need to be paid for by the rider.
What's Not Included
- Bikes. Please bring your own. Contact us for help if unsure about travelling with your bike. Also see here for bike box rentals & videos on how to pack bikes
- Travel Insurance.
- Lunch. You will need day money for a mix of cafe stops and bakeries for picnics.
- Energy drinks and gels.
- Normal extras outside of half board such as alcoholic drinks.
Each day's cycling has been specially selected to give variety.
RIDE OR RELAX: Our hotel (indoor and outdoor pool, couple of minutes walk to the beach) is based in Gradac, a lovely holiday coastal town. The choice is yours if you would like to ride or relax on any of the four cycle days.
- Day 1
Arrival and transfer to hotel. Bike set up. If time allows there will be an option of a short self guided ride or free time.
- Day 2: Full day Cycle - 77 miles 5800ft.
We will become familiar with short sections of the coast road as this is the access to Croatia's hidden cycling paradise. The road to Vrgorac undulates passing through low level farmland with inland mountain views before climbing the switchback road into town, here we will pause for a snack & coffee at a traditional bakery where you can sample local delicacies such as a traditional Croatian Burek. We then roll along to the foot of our first climb of the day approx 1,300ft on a remote hairpin road. After descending we will have our second café break before heading back to Gradac through quiet rural villages & farmland to complete a fantastic first day of cycling.
- Day 3: Full Day Cycle - 85 miles 6500ft.
After a few kilometres of warming our legs up we head through idyllic orange groves hugging the coast via quiet back roads. Magnificent views open up as we then climb up onto the main coastal road and head for a short stretch through Bosnia Hercegovina . Once back in to Croatia we descend to sea level and arrive in the small city of Ston for lunch. Ston is famous for the Walls of Ston that date back too 1358. After lunch the route heads along a hilly quiet peninsula, we take it easy as there are two big climbs ahead. The reward is awesome views and a long sweeping descent into Trpanj. It's then onto a ferry before the final few miles of cycling back to our hotel.
- Day 4: Full Day Cycle -77 miles 4700ft.
Today we explore the island of Hvar – a beautiful quiet island offering breathtaking views on smooth rolling roads with shallow gradient climbs & exhilarating descents. At half distance we arrive in the harbour town of Jelsa for cafe lunch before heading back to Sucuraj for the ferry homeward. An outstanding day and hopefully you will share similar sentiments with our guide who says it's one of the best days cycling he has experienced!
- Day 5: Full Day Cycle - 76 miles 9000ft.
Another day of contrast as we head further into inland Croatia. The route becomes very remote and feels like the land time forgot with settlements unchanged for for hundreds of years. We’re heading for the highest climb of the trip, with stiff gradients reaching the summit of Milina Zasida at 3000ft above sea level is a real challenge! The road then undulates before a long descent to the foot of our second big climb. Once we summit the route heads to the coast offering a breathtaking 17 mile balcony road descent. We then stop for coffee before hugging the coast back to base.
- Day 6.
Transfer to Dubrovnik airport.
The vast majority of the riding is on roads with low levels of traffic where you will cycle for many miles in spectacular scenery without seeing any vehicles. There will also be sections where traffic may be busy such as on main roads which are used to link up the route, these though are kept to a minimum.
Dates and Booking Enquiries
For an idea of flights see here for timetable- (flights are not included in our holidays - this timetable information is to give a quick guide to main airlines and airports)
Terms and Conditions
Please only make any payments once you have an email from us stating your place on the trip has been confirmed.
A deposit of £85.00 per person is required to confirm booking.
Balance of payment to be paid four weeks prior to the first day of your holiday.
Card payments can be made securely here by PayPal, we will also provide our bank details if required for direct transfer.